While creating a one-off post or a recurring post, RecurPost allows you to add multiple images and also customize captions for each social media platform.
The image uploading guidelines for different social media platforms are as follows:
- 1 image per post can be posted on the Instagram account, Facebook Profile & Group, and Google My Business account
- 4 images per post can be posted on your Twitter account
- 9 images per post can be posted on LinkedIn accounts
- 15 images can be posted on your Facebook page
This process of adding multiple images and customizing captions is the same for creating a one-off post and a recurring one.
How to add multiple images and customize captions
Let’s say you are creating a one-off post. On your RecurPost dashboard or Queue page, click on the button saying ‘Create a one-off (non-recurring) update’. A pop-up will open where you can add all the nitty-gritty of your post.
First, select all the social accounts on which you want to upload your post. As you select the social accounts, their tabs will appear beside the ‘Original’ tab. Now, in the ‘Original’ tab, you can add the message that you want to be common on all the social media platforms. To customize it for all the selected social media platforms, click on their respective tabs above the message field.
Here are some instructions for writing captions/messages for each social platform according to their native guidelines:
- For Facebook, you can write up to 5000 characters in the caption.
- For Instagram, 2200 characters are allowed.
- You can also add up to 30 hashtags while creating Instagram posts.
- Twitter allows to use up to 280 characters in a tweet.
- For LinkedIn, you can write up to 1300 characters in a post.
- While creating a GMB post, you can write up to 1500 characters.
Next, to add images, click on the image icon beside the hashtag icon. If you upload multiple images while being in the ‘Original’ tab, you might see a red indicator in some social accounts tab. For example, when you upload 3 images, you will see a red indicator on your Instagram accounts, FB profiles, FB groups, and GMB, as only 1 image can be posted on these accounts.
In order to fix this, select the concerned social account tab, and remove the images that you don’t require. You can also upload different images for different social accounts from their respective tabs.
After adding images, writing captions, and including hashtags, you can preview the post to see how it will look like after it gets uploaded on each social media platform.
The preview will look something like this:
Now you can go ahead and upload the post or schedule it as per your requirements!
In case of any queries, feel free to contact us on email@example.com.