While scheduling posts, it is good to keep in mind that each social network has different character/text limits. The text limitations for each social media account are shown in the table below.
|Social Accounts||Text Limits|
|2200 in Caption (Hashtags 30)|
|Pinterest Board||100 in Title & 500 in Description|
|Google Business Profile||1500|
|YouTube||100 in Title & 5000 in Description|
- When you tag/mention other social accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, the username of that account will be added to the text count.
- Due to API limitations, the increased text limit for Twitter Blue subscribers would only apply to tweets published natively on Twitter.
- When you add the links in the text to your posts, the characters of the links will be added to the text count. Only Twitter treats links differently. There is a myth that short links let you fit more characters. However, each link is 23 characters long, regardless of how many letters are in the link. Twitter is considering changing this. When that happens, we will change our algorithms too.
- Instagram allows you to add 30 hashtags to a post. All the characters of the hashtags will be added to the text count of 2000.
- Pinterest Boards allow you to add a title up to 100 characters and 500 characters in the description text count.
- YouTube allows you to add a title up to 100 characters and 5000 characters in the description text count.
We hope this information is helpful to you. In case you have any questions or need help with the Character Counts of Each Social Account, then please reach out to us at email@example.com.