A hashtag is essentially a label that is used on social media sites that makes it easier for people to find content related to a specific theme or topic of interest.
“Bags of hashtags” is a collection of hashtags which is very important in the present-day social media scenario because of the extreme overload of digital information. Through hashtags, people can cut through the clutter and find the information related to their topic of interest.
RecurPost allows you to create bags of hashtags that you can use for every post that you create. This will save you some time when you have to create and schedule posts for your social media accounts.
Why create bags of hashtags?
As we just mentioned, hashtags are powerful and they can drive significant traffic to your social account. Hence, having the top hashtags attached to your posts is more important than you would think.
Coming up with trending hashtags can be a manageable task. But coming up with a set of hashtags for every other post that you create and making sure that it trends is not easy.
Therefore, a feature that allows you to create a bag or a set of hashtags that can directly be added to a post that you draft is very useful. You can simply pick the top hashtags that work for your brand and add them to every post that you create.
How to create bags of hashtags on RecurPost website?
Let’s jump straight to how you can create bags of hashtags with RecurPost using below steps:
- Log into your RecurPost account: The very first thing to do is log in to your account on RecurPost. Sign up if you do not already have one. There is also a 14-day free trial for you to begin with scheduling.
- Go to the Dashboard and click on the “Share a Post”: On the Dashboard, you will see an option saying “Share a Post”. When you click on that option then you should be able to create and share your post once.
- Draft your post here: In the box that has appeared on your screen, you will get an option to choose the social accounts that you want to post on. Select the ones that you want and add your content in the description box. You will have the option of customizing your post for each platform.
- Add media and hashtags to your post: After you are done writing your content, it is time to add the media to it. In the description box itself, you will see multiple options lined up below. You can add your choice of video or photos, emojis, and hashtags. For adding the hashtags, click on the hashtag icon and a window will appear on your screen that says “Bags of Hashtags”.
Here are the options you have while adding hashtags:
1. Create a new bag: If you want to create a fresh bag of hashtags, then click on “Create a new bag”. After you click on that, a window will appear on your screen. You can add a name for your bag and in the box under ‘Hashtags’, you can add all the hashtags that you want in that particular bag. Click on “SAVE” once you are done adding the details and your bag of hashtags will be saved.
2. Pick from existing bags: When the window pops on your screen, all your existing bags of hashtags will be listed on it. To select the bag that you want to pick, click on “ADD”. The hashtags from that bag will be added to your post.
- Manage your bags of hashtags: If you want to add some hashtags to a bag, get rid of certain bags, or add new bags of hashtags, you can do so by clicking on the option at the top that says “You can manage your hashtags from here”.
How the hashtag limit differs on different platforms?
All major social media platforms are supported by RecurPost and hashtags are beneficial for every single one of them. However, you should know the optimal number of hashtags to use for each platform. Here is a breakdown to help you:
- There is a limit of 30 hashtags on Instagram.
- Twitter has a 280 characters limit for its posts. So, it is best that you stick to about two hashtags for Twitter.
- Facebook has no limit on the usage of hashtags but you must keep it minimal since user engagement goes down if there are too many hashtags on your Facebook posts.
- Hashtags for Pinterest can go over 20 but it is recommended to stick to 2 to 8 hashtags for best results.
- There is no limit on hashtags for LinkedIn. However, the platform recommends using only up to 3 per post.
Click to learn more on How To Schedule Your Recurring Posts? In case you are a first-time visitor and want to know more about RecurPost services? Check RecurPost Pricing for more information! Also, you can Start your free 14-day trial now!
How to create bags of hashtags from RecurPost mobile app?
Let’s see how you can create bags of hashtags from the mobile app:
1. Go to the Dashboard and tap on the “Share a post…” tab: On the Dashboard, you will see two options saying “One-off Post” and “Recurring Post”. Under both the boxes, you will find a tab that says “WRITE A POST”. Select the one which you want to create and accordingly the post creator window will appear on your screen.
2. Draft your post here: You can select/add the social accounts that you want to post on from the top by tapping on + icon. In the description box you can add the caption, and then you can add your choice of video or photos, emojis, and hashtags. For adding the hashtags, click on the hashtag icon and a window will appear on your screen that says “Bags of Hashtags”.
3. Create a new bag: You can create a new bag of hashtags by tapping on “CREATE A NEW BAG”. You can add a name for your bag and in the other box, you can add all the hashtags that you want in that particular bag. Tap on “SAVE” once you are done adding the details and your bag of hashtags will be saved.
4. Pick from existing bags: When you already have some bags created, you will find them listed so you can select the bag that you want to pick by tapping on + icon. The hashtags from that bag will be added to your post.
You can see the bag preview, add/remove more hashtags or delete the bag by tapping on 3 dots (ellipsis) beside + icon.