While we specialize in getting your evergreen content flowing on your social accounts at a regular frequency, we have got the basics sorted as well. Like any social media management tool out there, we allow you to share a post on your social accounts right away or schedule it for a time in future.
In this post we are going to see how can you share a post on your accounts from RecurPost. We call these posts one-off posts as, unlike posts in your libraries, these do not repeat again on a frequency.
After creating an account on RecurPost and connecting your social media accounts, it’s time to create one-off updates. Again, a one-off (non-recurring) update is the update that you’ll be sending out on your selected social accounts just once.
In order to create a one-off update, follow the below steps:
1. Go to the Dashboard page, click on the box saying Click on the share a Post box.
2. A pop-up window will appear. This is where you’ll be adding all the details of your one-off update.
3. First, select all the social accounts on which you want to post the update. Next, type in the message/description/caption in the area given below the icons of your social media accounts.
You can customize your update by using emojis, hashtags, uploading images, or adding videos. You can also create custom images with Canva and import them to RecurPost by clicking on the Canva button.
By clicking on the Eye icon (see the far right of the Canva icon) you can see the preview of this post for each social network.
It will look something as shown in the image below.
4. Now, in case you also want to add this update to your library as well for later use or editing, you can do so by ticking the ‘Repeat this post’ box.
This means that your one-off update will also be copied to your selected libraries which you can later edit as per your preference.
5. Once you’re done with that, it’s now time to schedule your update.
You can do so by ticking the ‘Schedule Update’ button and selecting your preferred date and time of posting like shown below:
Click on the ‘Schedule’ button after entering all the details. If you don’t want to set up a schedule and want to post your update instantly, uncheck the ‘Schedule Update’ button click on ‘Post Now’.
6. You also have the option of auto-scheduling the update for the best times.
Just select the box saying ‘Auto-schedule for best time’ under the ‘Schedule update’ section. RecurPost will then identify your best time on the selected date to post on social media and upload your one-off update.
7. If you want to customize your message for a particular social platform, click on the Customize for each platform button and then you can customize your message for each platform. For each platform that you customize, you will see a pencil icon as highlighted in the image. If you want to reset your post to the original message, click on the Reset to Original button next to the preview eye icon.
Points to Note:
1. When you are posting on Instagram personal profile:
While we post directly on all platforms, it is not true for Facebook and Instagram personal profiles. You will get a push notification on your mobile immediately or on the selected time in case of a scheduled update. Click on it and all your added data will be copied to the clipboard. Next, select where you wish to post the update – Feed or stories. Your update will show up and then you can complete the upload process.
2. When you are posting on a Facebook personal profile:
If you select ‘Post Now’, your data will be copied and you will be taken to your Facebook profile in a new tab in your web browser. From here, you can add additional details and post your update.
If you have scheduled the update for a later time, you will get a push notification through RecurPost’s mobile app. On clicking it, you’ll be taken to Facebook’s application and your data will be copied. You can make your update live from this screen.