RecurPost allows you to add multiple kinds of content, giving you the freedom to have variety in your posts. Here is a list of different types of content supported by RecurPost:
- Text posts: Simply write your content in the form of text and add it to your library.
- Link posts: Simply copy and paste your desired webpage link in the message box. RecurPost will get the information including title, description, and image from that link. A Link Post typically looks like an image with an embedded link. When you click on the image, it opens a new browser window and takes you to the embedded link.
- Image posts: An image post contains an image and a caption. What you write in the message becomes the caption to go along with your image. You can include a link in your message as well. However, clicking on the image will open the image itself and not the link from the message.
- Video posts: RecurPost also supports uploading and posting of videos. Videos posted to your accounts via RecurPost will appear as if they were posted natively i.e. from that social platform’s interface. Video updates are only available for paid plans.
Now, let’s see how to add new content.
You can choose to either add one-off updates that will go out to your account just once or you can create an update in your library for repeated use.
Let’s first see how to create one-off updates.
1. First, head over to your Dashboard or Queue page and simply click on the box saying ‘Click here to share a one-off update on your social accounts’.
2. A pop-up window will appear. This is where you’ll be adding all the details of your one-off update.
3. First, select all the social accounts on which you want to post the update. Next, type in the message/description/caption in the area given below the icons of your social media accounts.
You can customize your update by using emojis, hashtags, uploading images, or adding videos.
If you include a link in your message and do not use any other image or video, a preview will automatically be generated using the link that you entered.
As you enter all the details of your update, a preview will be generated on the side, where you can see how your post will appear on all the social channels.
It will look something as shown in the image below.
4. Now, in case you also want to add this update to your library as well for later use or editing, you can do so by ticking the ‘Add this update to libraries too’ box.
This means that your one-off update will also be copied to your selected libraries which you can later edit as per your preference.
5. Once you’re done with that, it’s now time to schedule your update.
You can do so by ticking the ‘Schedule Update’ button and selecting your preferred date and time of posting like shown below:
Click on the ‘Schedule’ button after entering all the details. If you don’t want to set up a schedule and want to post your update instantly, uncheck the ‘Schedule Update’ button click on ‘Post Now’.
6. You also have the option of auto-scheduling the post for the best times.
Just select the box saying ‘Auto-schedule for best time within next 24 hours’ under the ‘Schedule update’ section. RecurPost will then identify your unique best time to post on social media and upload your one-off update.
If your update contains a link, you can also shorten your link and make it more readable by ticking the ‘Shorten URL’ button.
You can shorten your URL links automatically for your recurring schedules using either Firebase by Google or Bitly. If you haven’t yet connected your Bitly account to RecurPost, you can do it under the Plug-in menu.
Find it under the drop-down menu by clicking on your account name. From there, go to “Plug-ins” > “Manage” under URL Shortener > “Manage” under Google URL Shortener (Firebase) or Bitly URL Shortener.
From here on, you can select the social accounts that you want automated.
For example, let’s say that you select your Instagram account and Facebook Page. This means that whenever you post an update containing a link to these accounts, RecurPost will automatically shorten them.
Keep in mind that this automation of URL Shortening works only for recurring schedules. For one-off updates, you can do so manually while adding the update.
That’s all for one-off updates.
Now, let’s see how to add updates in your library.
Adding updates in your library is pretty much the same as adding one-off updates. When you create an account, 3 libraries will be made by default – My blogs, Shareable quotes, and Other people’s content. You can create new libraries by clicking on the ‘Add new library’ button. Now from the Dashboard, click on the library that you wish to add content in.
Inside the library, you’ll get a lot of options to upload content.
For adding a single update, click on the ‘Recurring Updates’ button on the top-right corner and select ‘Add one’ from the drop-down menu. The following window will appear:
Add all the details – description, images, videos, or links. For updates in your library, you can also select whether you want to keep them as drafts until a certain date. These updates will basically be on a stand-by until their ‘release date’.
After the release date, they will start going out to your social accounts recurringly according to your schedule. You can also choose to make these updates stop going out to your social accounts after a certain ‘expiry date’.
Now, if you want this update to go out next before any other update from this library, you can click on ‘Make it the next update to go out’ button. Clicking this button will set this update as a priority. Once have set all of that up, go ahead and click on the ‘Add To Library’ button.
Add content in Bulk:
RecurPost supports uploading content in bulk in various ways. Click on the ‘Recurring Updates’ button on the top-right corner and select ‘Add in bulk’ from the drop-down menu. Here, you can either create updates one-by-one or through a CSV file.
You can type in or paste multiple updates/captions that you want as an update, one per line, as shown in the image below:
Now click on ‘Generate preview’ to add in other details like images or links for each update. Each line you’ve written will be divided into an individual update, as shown in the images below:
When you are done adding the detail of every update, click on ‘Add to Library’.
Similarly, you can also upload multiple media (images, videos, or GIFs) by clicking on the ‘Add media’ button, and a preview will be generated where you can add in other details like text or links.
In addition to the above ways, you can upload content in 4 other ways. Inside the library, you’ll see all these options: Add content through a link, Import from a CSV file, Import content from website, and Import from a social account.
When you are done adding the updates, you need to set recurring schedules to share updates from this library in a recurring manner. First, go to the RecurPost dashboard. Below the library in which you recently added content, click on the text saying ‘Add schedule’.
Here, you can set the frequency in which you want to share the updates. For example, if you set the frequency to Monday at 5 PM, your updates will go one by one every Monday at 5 PM. When all the updates have been shared, the cycle will again start from the first one.
After setting the time, select the accounts on which you want to share the updates and click on ‘Add Schedule’.
Points to Note:
1. When you are posting on Instagram personal profile:
You will get a push notification on your mobile immediately. (On the selected time in case of a scheduled update) Click on it and all your added data will be copied to the clipboard. Next, select where you wish to post the update – Feed or stories. Your update will show up and then you can complete the upload process.
2. When you are posting on a Facebook personal profile:
If you select ‘Post Now’, your data will be copied and you will be taken to your Facebook profile in a new tab in your web browser. From here, you can add additional details and post your update.
If you have scheduled the update for a later time, you will get a push notification through RecurPost’s mobile app. On clicking it, you’ll be taken to Facebook’s application and your data will be copied. You can make your update live from this screen.
3. Zapier integration for Instagram business profile:
RecurPost is connected with the Zapier ecosystem. Zapier lets you connect one app to another using ZAPs that helps in automating the workflow to a huge extent. This integration will enable you to upload single image updates, video updates, and link updates directly on your Instagram business account. To learn how to directly publish on Instagram business profile from RecurPost via Zapier, click here.
That’s it for creating updates for your social media profiles using RecurPost! If you have any queries, contact us at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’