Google my Business updates are indeed a great way to improve the ranking of your local listing. They provide a lot of benefits including but not limited to reaching more people, building brand awareness, engaging with the audience, informing people about the latest updates and offers, and improving the local search engine optimization.
What’s noticeable is that while creating updates, you can add a call to action button. There are mainly 6 options available for adding a CTA to your Google my business updates:
- Learn More
- Sign Up
- Order online
- Call now
RecurPost allows you to schedule and post updates to your Google my business listing. You can post updates and add a CTA button to each Google my business update that will redirect your audience to a website.
Here’s how you can add a CTA button to your Google my business update:
1. Make sure that your Google my business account is added to your RecurPost account. If not, click here and add one.
2. While on the dashboard of your RecurPost account, you can see the button saying ‘Click here to add something on your accounts’ in the center of the screen.
3. Click on it and a pop-up window will appear.
4. Now, you need to add all the details one by one.
- First, from your added accounts, select the icon of your GMB account. (If you want to upload the update on other social accounts, you can select their icons too)
- In the ‘What do you want to share?’ field, add the text and the link that you want to include in the CTA button.
- From the ‘Post Preview’ section, click on the GMB tab to see what your update will look like.
- Now, below update, you’ll see a button saying ‘Learn more’. It is the button to set your Call to action. Click on it and you’ll see a drop-down menu containing all the options that you add as CTAs in your GMB updates. Select the one that you want to use.
- By default, ‘Learn more’ will be selected and the user will be redirected to the link that you included in the ‘What do you want to share?’ field.
- Post it immediately, schedule it for later, or add it in your content libraries!
- If you don’t include any link, you’ll get only 2 options in the CTA options: None and Call now.
- Make sure that you have already added a phone number in your GMB listing. If not, the CTA button for ‘Call now’ will not appear after your update is posted on Google my business.
- In case you don’t want to include any call to action, you can simply select ‘None’ and upload a text or image in the update.
According to a survey done, The ‘Call now’ button is proving to be very useful for customers to contact local businesses in just one click. Apart from it, you can effectively use GMB updates to let customers visit your website, sign up for a newsletter or tool, book reservations, and a lot more – directly from the update uploaded.
So, go ahead and start scheduling now to make your listing more accessible and to stay a step ahead from your competitors.
To learn how to upload content in bulk, click here.