If you are part of our Facebook Group, then you might have already heard about the new changes that Facebook made to its APIs in 2018.
Facebook has been under fire for how it handles users’ data. In order to make their platform secure, they have announced a number of changes in 2018. Some of these changes affect how RecurPost (and other scheduling apps for that matter) works.
The biggest change is in terms of how we post on personal Facebook Profiles.
You can no longer schedule posts on Facebook Profiles.
Unlike most other tools RecurPost has got your back. We have made some changes to our process to let you still post on Facebook profiles.
We allow you to post on Facebook Profile via Push Notifications. This means you need to install RecurPost mobile app on your phone and stay logged in. Then when it is time to post, we will send you a push notification. As you click on it, we will copy your message in memory and show you the Facebook post dialog. Simply tap and paste your message in the text box/ caption and you will be good to go.
If you use your personal profile for business exclusively, you might want to consider converting your profile into a page. Here is a link from Facebook that explains this further.
You need to reconnect your groups as well.
Another big change from Facebook is how RecurPost connects with Facebook. It does not change anything for Facebook pages, but you need to install the RecurPost app in your Facebook groups settings and then reconnect them on RecurPost.
Here is how to do it.
a) In case of Facebook’s old design
- Go to Your Group’s settings page as shown in this image.
- On the settings page click on the ‘Add App button’ and search for ‘Recur Post’ app. Once you add it you will be able to post with RecurPost just fine.
Until you install RecurPost app on your group you will not be able to post on your groups. Please do that right away to avoid any disconnection.
b) In case of Facebook’s new design
- After logging in to your Facebook account, on the left-hand side, you’ll see the list of all your groups. Select the one that you want to manage through RecurPost.
Again, from the left-hand side menu, select ‘Settings’.
2. In the main panel, scroll down to find the option of ‘Apps’ under the ‘Manage Advanced settings’ section.
3. Click on the edit icon and a pop-up will show the names of apps that are connected to your FB group. In case RecurPost is not connected, click on ‘Add Apps’, search for ‘Recur Post’ and add it.
After you add it, come back to RecurPost where you left off and click on ‘YES, I HAVE ADDED THE APP‘ option, and then you’ll be ready to post on your FB group through RecurPost.
Don’t forget to get our latest apps for iOS and Android to enjoy posting on Facebook profiles!