This is a rather common issue with Facebook. At times, it is possible that you may not be able to see your Facebook Page or Group when you try to add it to your RecurPost.
There can be many reasons for this. Let’s take a look at them and how you can fix each issue.
In this article:
- Why your Facebook Pages or Groups are missing and How To Fix each
- My Pages/Groups Still Don’t Appear! What Do I Do?
Why your Facebook Pages or Groups are missing and How To Fix each
1. You’re not an Admin of FB page: To be able to add your Facebook Page to RecurPost, you must have Admin access to that page.
How to Fix: You will need to ask the admin of your Facebook Page to grant you admin access before you can add any pages to RecurPost.
2. You’re not logged into your original Facebook profile: It’s likely that you are either not logged into your Facebook profile or are logged into a different Facebook profile from the one that you are trying to connect to RecurPost.
How to fix: Make sure you are logged into the Facebook profile that is the admin of the Facebook Page or Group that you’re trying to add on RecurPost.
3. RecurPost does not have needed permissions: You will need to grant RecurPost the necessary permissions before we can have access to your Facebook profile. In some cases, however, you may need to re-connect your account and re-grant permissions.
How to fix: There may be several cases where RecurPost will ask you for your permission. You will need to accept each whenever prompted. You can check the permissions you have granted us from the Business Integrations page.
4. You unselected permissions during authorization: RecurPost needs your permission to be able to post on your behalf on your Facebook Page or Group. If you can’t see your Facebook Page or Group on RecurPost, it’s likely that you haven’t granted us permission to:
- Show a list of the Pages you manage
- Create and manage content on your Page
- Post content into groups on your behalf
- Manage and access Page conversations in Messenger
- Access your Page and App insights
- Read content posted on the Page
- Manage accounts, settings, and webhooks for a Page
- Read user content on your Page
- Manage comments on your Page
How to fix: To grant us permission to post on your behalf, you’ll need to go to your Facebook Settings > Business Integrations > View and edit (for RecurPost) and make sure all the permissions are turned on.
5. You deselected some options while reviewing what you allow for that Page or Group: When adding a Facebook Page or Group, you might have deselected some options under the ‘Choose what you allow‘ option when prompted or you might have clicked on ‘Not Now‘.
How to fix: When adding a Page or Group, do NOT click on either of the two options: ‘Choose what you allow‘ and ‘Not Now‘ when prompted. You can simply click on ‘OK‘ and you’ll be able to see your Page or Group instantly. Again, if you did that you will need to go to the Business integration and check everything that is currently unchecked again.
My Pages/Groups Still Don’t Appear! What Do I Do?
In very rare cases, you may not be able to see your Facebook Pages or Groups even after applying all the solutions mentioned above.
Don’t worry, you can simply delete and re-add RecurPost from your Facebook business integrations. To do that, first head on over to your Facebook Settings > Business Integrations > select RecurPost by clicking on the checkbox beside its icon then click on Remove.
Please make sure you do NOT select the option to delete all posts, photos and videos on Facebook that you might have posted through RecurPost. In case you do, we will NOT be able to recover ANY of the previously posted content.
Once you’re done removing RecurPost from your business integrations, you can simply add it again by going to your RecurPost and heading over to the ‘Social Accounts’ menu and clicking on ‘Page’ or ‘Group’ under the Facebook icon to add it.
Please make sure you are logged into your original Facebook account and are an admin of the Facebook Page that you’re trying to add.
We hope we were able to help you with this issue. Please feel free to contact us for any further query.