To make your scheduling experience even better, we are here with an amazing feature called ‘Workspace’. Wondering how it can make a change to the way you manage your social accounts?
Your workspace basically enables you to do the following:
- Create different spaces for managing different sets of social accounts and libraries.
- Easily distinguish between social accounts of multiple clients by organizing them into different workspaces.
- Invite team members to manage desired workspaces.
- Give access to selected social accounts and libraries while inviting team members.
- The people you are inviting to manage your workspaces don’t need to purchase any plan.
- Manage your own workspaces and those shared by others from the same dashboard.
Using this feature, you will be able to organize your social accounts and delegate work easily. Best for freelancers and agencies who are managing the social accounts of multiple clients. The workspace feature will also be available on RecurPost’s mobile application available for Android and iOS.
Sounds quite interesting, right?
Let’s see how you can use the Workspace feature in detail.
Setting up your RecurPost account
Step 1: Log in to your RecurPost account and connect social accounts
To get started, log in to your RecurPost account. If you haven’t added your social accounts, you can do so from the dashboard. Learn how to add your social accounts here. All the connected social accounts will appear on the left-hand side panel of Dashboard as well as Queue.
Step 2: Create content libraries
Content libraries allow you to categorize your social updates into different manageable units. Dividing your content into different categories makes it easier for you to schedule your content. By dividing content into libraries like My Blog, Other People’s Content, Interesting Questions, and Witty Quotes, you can easily manage and schedule your content. It also helps you execute your content curation strategies in a manageable way.
To learn how to create libraries, read this guide.
Step 3: Add content in libraries
RecurPost allows you to add multiple kinds of content, giving you the freedom to have variety in your posts. Different types of content supported by RecurPost are text posts, link posts, image posts, and video posts. You can choose to either add one-off updates that will go out to your account just once or you can create an update in your library for repeated use.
To learn how to add content in your libraries, click here.
Step 4: Create recurring schedules
With our new design, RecurPost has made it more seamless and user-friendly than ever before to schedule your updates. We have made scheduling easier to understand and visualize so you can carry out your social media operations smoothly and more quickly. See how to create schedules in detail here.
Your RecurPost account is now all set for posting.
Setting up your Workspace
When you create your RecurPost account, a default workspace will be created for you called ‘My Workspace’. This workspace can’t be edited or deleted. All your connected social accounts and created libraries will be shown here.
You can create unlimited workspaces and invite others to manage the same. On the right-hand upper corner, you will see the option of ‘My workspace’. Click on it and a drop-down menu will appear.
Click on ‘Create’ to create a new workspace. A pop-up window will appear, where you need to enter the name of the workspace.
Enter the name and click on ‘Create’. On clicking it, the following window will appear:
Here, you need to select the libraries and social accounts that will be added to this workspace. If you wish to invite other users to manage this workspace, enter the email and click on the ‘Invite’ button. After selecting everything, click on ‘Save’.
While you are in this workspace, you will only be able to see the selected social accounts and libraries on the dashboard. All the data on the Dashboard, Queue, Feed manager, Inbox, and Reports will be customized according to the workspace you are in. In order to see all the social accounts and libraries connected to RecurPost, go to ‘My workspace’ again.
When other people share their workspace with you and you accept their invitation, the workspace will be added to the drop-down menu. The workspaces created by you will be labeled ‘Owned’, and the ones shared by others will be labeled as ‘Shared’. To make any changes to a workspace (add or remove social accounts or libraries, or invite members), click on the edit icon.
To see all the invited members and the workspaces shared with you, click on the ‘Manage’ button from the workspace’s drop-down menu.
Here, you will see 2 sections:
- List of members that you have invited to manage your workspaces
- List of workspaces shared with you by other RecurPost account holders
In order to remove any member or leave any workspace assigned to you, simply click on the ‘Remove’ button.
Note for inviting members to a workspace:
- The person that you are inviting needs to have a RecurPost account. They can simply register for an account without purchasing a plan in order to manage your workspace.
- You can invite members according to the plan you have purchased. For example, if you are on the agency plan, you can invite 2 members. If you wish to add additional members, you can do so at an additional cost.
- When any member adds content to the libraries, sets schedules, or makes any changes to the assigned workspace, it will get reflected on everyone’s accounts who are managing that workspace.
That’s it! If you have any queries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org