RecurPost is now available in the Zapier ecosystem. It means you can connect RecurPost to 1000s of other apps out there without any problem.
We are currently working with Zapier to list RecurPost on its platform publicly. This may take a week or two. You are welcome to start using it by visiting this invite link and accepting the invite.
Some examples include:
- Post on Instagram directly from RecurPost without the need of a push notification.
- Post on Pinterest boards directly when a post is made on RecurPost.
- Add content in your RecurPost library when you bookmark something in your pocket app.
- Schedule content automatically when your designer emails you an image in your Gmail.
In this tutorial, I am going to explain how to connect RecurPost to Zapier.
RecurPost + Zapier
When you try to use RecurPost app with Zapier, you will need to verify that it is in fact you who is asking for this connection. In order to keep you safe, we have created a unique API key that is available under your Account Settings page.
Copy the key from this page and paste it in Zapier along with your email address to verify your RecurPost account.
RecurPost Triggers in Zapier
We have created a Trigger in Zapier that will start your workflow when an update is posted by RecurPost. A trigger is the first step in a Zapier Zap or workflow.
You can use it to do something when an update is posted on one of your social accounts. For instance, when RecurPost posts on your Instagram (sends you a push notification) you can connect RecurPost to the Instagram app in Zapier to post it automatically. That way you don’t need to follow the process of posting via push notification.
In order to use this trigger, you need to specify the social account that should fire this trigger. You can have multiple triggers for each social account if you so choose.
Please note that even though your update will be posted directly with Zapier, RecurPost will continue to send you push notifications. You can ignore those though.
You can do other things with this Trigger. For instance, if you want to store your updates in a Google Sheet to keep track of how many updates were posted for a client, you can connect RecurPost app to Google Sheet apps to do that.
The possibilities are many as there are thousands of apps that you can use now.
RecurPost actions in Zapier
An action is something you want to do when a trigger triggers something. For instance, in the above example posting on Instagram or storing in Google sheets are examples of actions created by Instagram and Google respectively.
RecurPost has two actions that you can leverage.
- You can add a new content to your RecurPost libraries. For instance, every time you add a new URL to your Pocket app it can be automatically added to your RecurPost library.
- You can schedule an update using RecurPost. For instance, every time you add a new blogpost on your wordpress website, you can schedule it to go out on your accounts in RecurPost.
In order to setup your actions you will need to specify the message, image URL, video URL and the link to go with it.
We will validate if your post can be added based on your plan and if all goes fine it will work as expected. If there is an error, Zapier will email you that a Zap did not run properly.