Due to continuous updates made by Facebook, Instagram, and other social networks, it might happen that you’d need to reconnect your social accounts on RecurPost sometimes too. It is essential to let RecurPost work in compliance with the rules and regulations, and produce the optimum results.
Reconnecting any social account on RecurPost is just a matter of 5 minutes (or sometimes 2!) Simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your RecurPost account.
- While on the dashboard, you can see all your added social accounts on the left-hand side panel. At the bottom, there is a button saying ‘Manage social accounts’. Click on it and a pop-up will appear showing all your connected accounts.
- Four options will be given for every social account – Pause, Reconnect, Edit, and Delete. Click on the second icon for reconnecting your account.
- Note: To reconnect a social account, it is necessary for you to be logged in to that particular account on the device that you are using. For example, if you want to reconnect your Instagram personal profile, please log in to your Instagram account on the browser that you are using to operate RecurPost.
Let’s see some examples.
1. Reconnecting your Instagram personal profile
Login to your RecurPost account and go to the dashboard. On the left-hand side, click on the ‘Manage social accounts’ button. After clicking on the reconnect button from the pop-up, you will be shown the account in which you are already logged in on your browser.
Just select the account and it will be reconnected. If you are not logged in already, it will ask you to enter your Instagram login credentials. Fill in your ID and Password, and click on Continue to finish the reconnecting process.
2. Reconnecting your Instagram Business profile
As an Instagram business profile is linked with a Facebook page, the reconnecting process also takes you to FB. Login to your RecurPost account and go to the dashboard. On the left-hand side, click on the ‘Manage social accounts’ button. After clicking on the reconnect button from the pop-up, you will be taken to your Facebook login page.
Click on continue and your account will be reconnected.
Note: If you are reconnecting your account for the first time after the latest update from Facebook, click here to see the steps.
3. Reconnecting your FB groups and pages
For reconnecting a Facebook Group or Page, you just need to log in to your Facebook account on the browser that you are using, and then hit the reconnect button! That’s it. No additional steps.
Note: If you denied RecurPost the permission to post on Facebook account, you need to reconnect. Firstly, you need to visit your Facebook account settings page. Under the Apps section, you will see RecurPost listed. Click on Remove and then go to RecurPost. Try adding your account again and it will work just fine. Make sure to turn on all the permissions.
At times, it is possible that you may not be able to see your Facebook Page or Group when you try to add it to RecurPost. This is a common issue with Facebook. Read this guide to fix it.
4. Reconnecting your Twitter account
Login to your RecurPost account and go to the dashboard. On the left-hand side, click on the ‘Manage social accounts’ button. Click on the reconnect button from the pop-up, and you will be taken to your Twitter login page.
Enter your Twitter username and password, and your account will be reconnected.
5. Reconnecting your LinkedIn account
From the RecurPost’s dashboard, click on ‘Manage Social accounts’. When the pop-up menu appears, select the reconnect button given along with your LinkedIn account. You will be taken to the LinkedIn login page.
Enter the credentials associated with your account and it will be reconnected successfully.
6. Reconnecting your Google my business profile
From the left-hand side of RecurPost’s dashboard, click on the ‘Manage social accounts’ button. After clicking on the reconnect button from the pop-up, you will be taken to the Google login page.
Enter the Gmail id and password associated with your Google my business account. The next screen will ask you to give RecurPost the permission to post on your profile. Click on the ‘Allow’ button and your account will be reconnected.
Note: RecurPost never saves your Login credentials or uses any information related to any social account. We connect accounts through APIs so as to practice better security and privacy of the user. The permissions that you allow are needed to take actions of posting on your behalf.