Lately, for some users Instagram Business Profile posts are getting failed with “The requested resource does not exist” error. Please note, we are getting this error from Facebook and we are not restricting any of your posts.
Strangely, if you ‘reconnect’ your account in RecurPost, it will be reconnected just fine. Also, if you will check the connection between your Instagram Business Profile and Facebook Page by going to your Facebook Page settings on ‘Facebook.com’ or the ‘Accounts Center’ option on your Instagram mobile app, it will display they both are connected but actually, the connection between them is lost due to which posts are failing.
Here’s a workaround to resolve this issue:
1. Switch your Instagram Account to a “Personal or Creator Account” and then switch it back to “Business Account” by going to your IG mobile app.
- To switch your Business Account to a ‘Personal’ or ‘Creator’ Account, go to your profile (on IG mobile app) and tap on the menu icon at the top right-hand corner > go to Settings > select Account > select Switch Account Type > select Switch to Personal Account. Then follow the same steps to switch it back to Business Account.
2. After that, disconnect your IG account from the Facebook website and IG mobile app. Please follow the steps below.
– Disconnecting IG and FB accounts on Facebook desktop site:
Please go to your FB Page (that is connected with your IG Business Account) > go to Settings > go to Instagram > select Disconnect option. However, if you do not see the ‘Settings’ option on your FB Page then please follow ‘Method 2’ mentioned after the screenshots below.
If you do not see the ‘Settings’ option on your FB Page then you should be able to see ‘Manage’ option on your FB Page. Go to Manage > go to Linked accounts > select Instagram > select Disconnect Account option.
– Disconnecting IG and FB accounts on IG Mobile app:
Go to Settings > Accounts Centre > Accounts and Profiles > tap on either ‘Facebook’ or ‘Instagram Business’ > Remove from Accounts Centre.
After that, try to create a new FB Page (dummy page) as shown at the bottom of this page.
3. Then go to your Facebook Profile and go to your Facebook Page or the Dummy page you created > go to Settings > go to Instagram > select Connect Account option to connect your IG Business Account.
Now, you need to go to your IG mobile app to make sure that you have the proper connection between your FB Page and IG account. On your IG mobile app, go to your ‘Profile’ and click on Edit Profile, go to Page option and make sure the right FB Page is selected there.
4. Once you have completed the above steps and established the proper connection between your IG Business Account and Facebook Page then please go to RecurPost, go to MANAGE option from the Dashboard page and reconnect your IG Business Profile and give us all the permissions while reconnecting it. This should take care of the issue.
However, if you are still facing the same error in RecurPost while posting on Instagram Business Profile then please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why to create a dummy Facebook Page
In some cases, Facebook does not allow users to see the Settings option of their Facebook Page. It is something that is managed and controlled only by Facebook. What you can do is create a dummy Facebook Page using your FB Profile. When you will create a new Facebook Page, missing options will be fixed with a new page, which will help to establish a true connection between this new Facebook Page and your Instagram Business Profile. When you create a new Facebook Page, please give it a different title. Creating a new/dummy Facebook Page will not affect your existing accounts. This needs to be done just to establish an actual connection between your Instagram Business Account and Facebook Page. It’s a requirement set by Facebook: Instagram Business Account always needs to be connected with Facebook Page.
How to create a new/dummy Facebook Page
- To create a new Facebook Page, firstly switch accounts between your Facebook Personal Profile and Facebook Page in case you have added them both separately and select your Personal Profile > go to Pages from Home > select Create New Page > after adding details select Create Page > Save.
After creating a new Facebook Page, please continue from Step #3 above.